Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) is a model that teaches people how to learn, how to motivate themselves, and change their behavior while striving for excellence. NLP, explores how we think and feel, and examines the “inner” language we use to represent our experiences. It is an accelerated learning technique for acquiring new skills as well as an effective way to eliminate disempowering beliefs and limitations by replacing them with positive reprogramming.Neurolinguistic Programming is an integration of Neurology, Psychology, Linguistics, and Systems Theory.
NEURO: all of our experiences, both conscious and subconscious, are derived through and from our senses and central nervous system.
LINGUISTIC: our mental processes are given meaning, coded, organized, and, then transformed through language.
PROGRAMMING: people interact as a system in which experience and communication are composed of sequences of patterns or “programs.”
When and How did it Originate?
In the early 1970’s, NLP, or Neuro Linguistic Programming, was developed by Richard Bandler, PhD., an information scientist, and John Grinder, PhD., a linguist. Both were interested in human excellence and in creating mental models that represent how people perform or accomplish a given task. This model was referred to as ‘Behavioral modeling,’ which developed into NLP. NLP studies excellence and teaches skills that promote positive change, which generates new possibilities and opportunities by pushing yourself to be the best you can be.
In Business & Your Career
- Get an edge over your competition in business and safely increase your profits
- Get what you want by effectively managing your internal mindset and influencing others to happily work with you to achieve your dreams
- Overcome the hurdles which prevent you from taking your business or career to the next level
- Learn how to motivate yourself and others with ease
- Learn to use language with greater precision and elegance so that you and others can get what you want
- Think better, think more clearly and make better decisions Within Yourself, Your Relationships and Learning
Benefits of NLP:
- Increase your self confidence and personal motivation
- Boost your emotional intelligence and self-esteem
- Improve your performance in any area of life
- Overcome phobias/fears
- Overcome unwanted habits
- Create your desired self-image